EIP Curriculum Meeting 3/19/96
People in attendance:
Ed Sanders, Barry Crawford, Robert Christie, Ernie Angelicola, John Eddy, Marie Fay, Leslie Seppala, Ellie Emery, Janet Haley, Jim Haley, Lynn Emery, Mary Snowman, Rose Packert, Matt Treamer, Margaret Moser, Sandy Bergquist, Peter Gair.
We amended, and voted on an interim set of goals for graduation in the White Mountains Regional School District:
Interim Goals for the WMRSD.
The following is a compilation of goals from the New Hampshire Business and Industry Association, the WMRSD teachers, the EIP process and the NH Frameworks.
They are coded thus: T = Teachers,
B = Business,
C = Community.
-WHAT STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO
Upon graduation from high school, a person should be able to perform in the following areas:
Group or Team Skills
- BT * Participate constructively as a team member/leader.
- BT * Follow directions.
- BT * Resolve conflicts.
English Language Skills
- BTC * Comprehend, speak, read, listen to and write English with the
fluency required for a variety of purposes and audiences.
Cross-Culture and Second Language Skills
- B * Show active comprehension of our pluralistic society and its
relevance to daily life.
- BTC * Comprehend, speak, and read a major language other than English.
Numbers, Symbols, and Graphics
- * Will develop strong mathematical problem solving & reason skills.
LIVING AND CAREER SKILLS
- * The student should demonstrate the maintenance of physical well being.
- * Demonstrate study skills.
PHYSICAL AND TECHNICAL SYSTEMS
- BC * Use and maintain common tools, implements, and devices for
facilitation and convenience of daily life and common work.
- * Demonstrate the application of general principles from life, earth and physical sciences.
- * Be able to use the knowledge of the social sciences to understand and
address the contemporary problems and issues as informed citizens.
Copyright 1996 by Ed Sanders.