edsanders.com - Lancaster DUMP ORDINANCE
| File It
Brought to you by AMSOIL Direct Jobber Ed Sanders. Get only the best for your car! AMSOIL!.
An Ordinance relating to the use of the Water Street Dump and
Transportation of waste thereto.
Be it enacted by the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Lancaster
that the following regulations shall govern the transportation of
rubbish and garbage over the streets and roads of Lancaster and
the disposal of same at the municipal disposal area located off
Water Street to wit.
SECTION 1 - Transportation and Disposal of Rubbish and Garbage:
1. All rubbish and garbage when being transported over the
streets and roads of Lancaster shall be adequately and
securely covered to prevent strewing in transit. Such
protective covering shall be deemed necessary.
1. Dumping at the disposal area shall be done only at the
specific indicated section or sections or where
instructed to do so by the Attendant.
2. No person shall be permitted to dump or cause to be
dumped any garbage or rubbish in any other area except at
a prescribed disposal area.
SECTION 2 - Permitted use of Disposal Area:
1. Only residents of Lancaster and Non-Resident property
owners shall be allowed to dispose of garbage and rubbish
at the disposal area.
2. No person shall be permitted to remove any materials from
the disposal area that has been deposited by another,
except the Attendant in charge, (this is intended to
permit the attendant to remove an item mistakenly
3. The Area shall be open on such days and hours as the
Board of Selectmen indicate.
SECTION 3 - Prohibited use of Fire Arms
1. No person shall be permitted to use any fire arms or any
other type of deadly weapon within the disposal area.
SECTION 4 - Penalties for Non-Compliance with Regulations:
1. Any person on conviction of violation of any section of
these regulations shall be subject to a fine of Ten
Dollars. On any subsequent conviction such person shall
be fined Twenty-Five Dollars.
Approved May 6th, 1957
Ross F. Stanard
Arthur G. Sherman
Herbert A. Woods
Selectmen of Lancaster
| File It
Copyright 1997 by Ed Sanders.